You know what they say, April showers bring May flowers and while the showers are pouring down there are many indoor Spring activities you can do with your toddler, keeping them out of the rain. Spring lets us all come out of hibernation mode and get a little active and what’s more fun then getting active with your little one. Here are some of the great activities you can do with your toddler during this Spring season.
Spring Puzzles: Print out and enjoy these fun spring puzzles that we found on Activity Village.
Count the Lambs Coloring Page Spring Flowers Maze
Spring Crafts: Clothespin Butterfly
This clothespin butterfly is perfect to get your little one’s creativity flowing and is always more fun when they decorate their filter with a group of kids. Its fun to see how they all turn out
You will need a basket coffee filter, clothespin, googly eyes, white glue, markers, pipe cleaners and scissors
How to make your butterfly craft:
1. Glue the two googly eyes to the grip end of the clothespin and draw a mouth on using a marker.
2. Spread out the coffee filter and let your child decorate the coffee filter however they would like.
(Dots, designs, completely colored, etc. the longer the marker touches the filter the farther it will spread.)
3. Once the coffee filter is dry, start at one end and fold it
4. Pinch the coffee filter in the middle so that it bunches up there a bit, and put this area in the grippy part of the clothespin. You can adjust the wings as needed.
5. Cut the pipe cleaner and bend it into a v-shape and then clip it in as the wings
VOILA! you have a clothespin butterfly that you can hang around the house.