Fun Crafts For Your Toddlers
This easy craft will have your children amused for hours. Rain Shakers have been around for centuries as music instruments. Today you can make one with your kids.
What you will need:
- Recycled empty water bottle or empty paper towel roll.
- Sparkles, beads, marbles, anything that is colorful and small that may make noise.
- Glue gun.
1. If you are using a water bottle, strip the label so you can see inside and out. If you are using a paper towel roll, close one end with duct tape.
2. Let your child drop sparkles, beads, marbles, uncooked pasta shells and other small items. If you are using a water bottle, close the lid and/or hot glue it shut, so they don’t accidentally open it. If you are using a paper towel roll close the second end with duct tape.
3. Decorate the outside if desired with stickers, markers or paint.
4. Watch the colorful noisy magic toss and turn as your child shakes and plays with it.
Tip: For a sound proof Rain Shaker, add ¾ of water in the water bottle, so the items won’t bang around with noise but still have movement in the bottle.