Families are using the iPad for various reasons:
- As part of a student’s therapy or IEP (Individual Education Plan)
- For entertainment while traveling, commuting, in restaurants, or in waiting rooms
- For a communication device in families with special needs
- For positive reinforcement, such as a reward for good behavior
- For doing family activities together
- For summer bridge: to complete learning objectives while kids are off school for the summer
- For engaging, educational activities
How Are Families Using the iPad?
We know that the developmental milestones for young children include language, social, cognitive, and physical goals. Somewhere between walking, talking, playing, AND tapping – is a good combination. Our job, is to find it.